Help me kill time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernerbrau

Reaction score
It's another late night brew (I swore to myself I wouldn't do this again!!), 12:30 AM my time, and my grains have another 30 minutes of steeping to go. Temperature is pretty well stabilized at this point, so I'm just letting it do its "thang". Then an hour to boil, and around another hour for heating and cooling, then I can go to bed.

I want to know, what does an insomniac homebrewer do to kill time?

Yeah, took care of that about two hours ago. I don't think I need to go into any more detail than that...

Killed a good 15 minutes just repeatedly refreshing this page ;)

This porter is gonna be awesome. The wort from the steep alone looks and tastes like brewed espresso.

Question is, when I take it to my family in New Mexico this Christmas, how many bottles can I cram in a suitcase before Homeland Security busts my ass? And will the pressure differential on a plane be enough worry for bottle bombs?

Killed a good 15 minutes just repeatedly refreshing this page ;)

This porter is gonna be awesome. The wort from the steep alone looks and tastes like brewed espresso.

Question is, when I take it to my family in New Mexico this Christmas, how many bottles can I cram in a suitcase before Homeland Security busts my ass? And will the pressure differential on a plane be enough worry for bottle bombs?

Hmmm not sure if you are allowed beer bottles on planes! I vaguely remember the x-ray picking up something that customs thought was a beer bottle in the wife's suitcase. They got all excited for a while, but maybe they were just thirsty. I honestly can't remember. :drunk:

I've got a harmonica. I'm not very good with it.
From time to time the neighbors like to keep me awake by yelling at each other. I consider this to be good retribution :mug:

shouldn't have pressed my luck. I popped the lid on there for like a minute or two to heat-sterilize it and I got a minor boil-over. Bleh.

Not as catastrophic as the previous ones, though.

Thanks for the addictinggames, berserker! Wort is cooling in the sink. Now, I play the waiting game.

Or perhaps the game called "clean up my mess so my wife isn't pissed in the morning"?

Finally got to bed around 4:15 this morning. Measured an OG of 1.073..!! Maybe I need to top up some more.

Back