Help me help him

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

chrilr

Reaction score
I am going to send someone some beer soon but don't know how to find out what beer he can't get. Is there a resource for this? I live in Nc and he lives in Houston.
Thanks for any help

OP
C

chrilr

Reaction score
Yeah the website is unavailable. I didn't know if that was temporary or if the site has been taken down

woo_pig

Reaction score
I believe you can't send it USPS you have to send it FedEx or UPS. I'm not %100 on that.

TravelingLight

Reaction score
I believe you can't send it USPS you have to send it FedEx or UPS. I'm not %100 on that.
You can send it USPS, but I would not advise it. I ship all my beers with FedEx. Setup an account online, it's so much cheaper than packaging and taking it to the store to get postage.

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You can send it USPS, but I would not advise it. I ship all my beers with FedEx. Setup an account online, it's so much cheaper than packaging and taking it to the store to get postage.
I agree, setup a FedEX account, measure, weigh and print out the shipping label at home. Then drop off the package at the closest FedEX location. I compared prices between FedEX and UPS, FedEX was a lot cheaper.

Also, I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol via USPS. So I would advise against it.

Looks like seekabrew.com is currently down... :(
Screenshot 2016-09-23 15.39.01.png

Last edited:

TravelingLight

Reaction score
I agree, setup a FedEX account, measure, weigh and print out the shipping label at home. Then drop off the package at the closest FedEX location. I compared prices between FedEX and UPS, FedEX was a lot cheaper.

Also, I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol via USPS. So I would advise against it.

Looks like seekabrew.com is currently down... :(
View attachment 371143
FWIW, I don't even weigh my packages. I just guesstimate it. Have yet to be charged more after the fact yet. Technically, it's illegal to ship alcohol via any shipper, without a license/permit. I just trust FedEx more with my packages than I do USPS.

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I don't even weigh my packages. I just guesstimate it. Have yet to be charged more after the fact yet. Technically, it's illegal to ship alcohol via any shipper, without a license/permit. I just trust FedEx more with my packages than I do USPS.

I thought it might not be limited to just the USPS. And I agree I trust FedEX more than USPS and UPS.

Good to know about the weight part!! Cheers!