Help me finish my keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Working on putting together the rest of my list for my keezer build. First time piecing one together since my other one has a pre-made kit.

For this one, i've so far ordered the 8.8 black kenmore and 4 perlick creamer faucets with stainless shanks and tailpieces. I also have the temp controller as well.

I want to use an individual regulator for each of the lines. Is there a recommended brand and place to order these from?

Also, what type of regulator will be needed off the co2 bottle?

Regarding drip trays, where is a good place to pick those up for cheap?

Aside from regulators, lines, co2 bottle and keg connections, what else would be needed?

Regarding drip trays, where is a good place to pick those up for cheap?

this is the cheapest one you will find, when i was researching this nothing came close in price:

go to
http://www.barproducts.com

and type in the search box:
steel drip tray

drippan300.jpg

there are a bunch of threads on here how people have mounted these

this is the cheapest one you will find, when i was researching this nothing came close in price:

go to
http://www.barproducts.com

and type in the search box:
steel drip tray

drippan300.jpg

there are a bunch of threads on here how people have mounted these

Thanks. I'll check them out. For mounting it, i'm figuring i'll try out the magnet method. Seems to have worked out for most people.

Ditto on the drip tray... that's where I got mine because it was far and away the cheapest, and yet, the quality met every expectation...

As for regulators, etc., try Kegconnection.com. Great place... If you can't find what you want exactly, call 'em... great guys to bounce ideas off of.

As for having a separate regulators for each tap, it's my opinion that you're wasting money. While I do have my keezer set-up so I can adjust all 3 separately, aside from the rootbeer tap, I could easily have gotten away with a "t" for the others. It's cool to have the function, but realistically, I don't see you using it often. Maybe try getting two regulators and adding two outs off each one... still have 2 setting available for alot less dough...

Otherwise, if money's no issue.. go for it. More regulators just adds more bling.

Ditto on the drip tray... that's where I got mine because it was far and away the cheapest, and yet, the quality met every expectation...

As for regulators, etc., try Kegconnection.com. Great place... If you can't find what you want exactly, call 'em... great guys to bounce ideas off of.

As for having a separate regulators for each tap, it's my opinion that you're wasting money. While I do have my keezer set-up so I can adjust all 3 separately, aside from the rootbeer tap, I could easily have gotten away with a "t" for the others. It's cool to have the function, but realistically, I don't see you using it often. Maybe try getting two regulators and adding two outs off each one... still have 2 setting available for alot less dough...

Otherwise, if money's no issue.. go for it. More regulators just adds more bling.

I've been giving the regulator thing some thought and I'm starting to agree. Most my beers are along the same style/carb volume. I'm thinking if a did the normal primary/secondary regulator off the bottle, i could do a 3-way manifold and then maybe add an additional regulator off the back off the manifold to carb for other styles such as stouts, saisons, etc. Would that be a good idea to go that route? Would that cause any issues? I would save a pretty good chunk of money as well.

i have one regulator on a 4-way and have had no issues... i don't do sodas though, if i did sodas i would put a Y on the tank itself and run two regulators off the Y, one going to the 4-way manifold and one going to the soda (or whatever else)

if you have two tanks (not a bad idea to have a backup, they tend to run out unpredictably) then you can have a regulator for each tank and use one as a spare to swap in when the other empties as well as in rare circumstances when you need a different pressure for a given keg.

i have one regulator on a 4-way and have had no issues... i don't do sodas though, if i did sodas i would put a Y on the tank itself and run two regulators off the Y, one going to the 4-way manifold and one going to the soda (or whatever else)

if you have two tanks (not a bad idea to have a backup, they tend to run out unpredictably) then you can have a regulator for each tank and use one as a spare to swap in when the other empties as well as in rare circumstances when you need a different pressure for a given keg.

my main reasons for wanting an additional regulator is because i like to make saisons. on my other chest freezer, i have an 8-way manifold, but all the beers are being carbed to the same level. the one i'm building for inside the house, i want to have the option to atleast carb one beer to a different level.

Back