Help me figure out real costs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
of getting my kegging setup going.

I have the fridge, cornie, CO2 tank.

How much will I have to spend for everything else involved (taps, lines, drip tray,) everything?

I'm trying to figure out the total cost of everything left to see if it's a possible X-Mas present from my wife.:D

I suppose it depends what you want to get, you can probably do it cheaper by getting all chrome stuff and cutting corners. I did mine with Perlick taps and a stainless shank, and it came to about $100 per by the time I had it all hooked up.

Maybe someone will chime in with a sweet deal or something.

Ask at a local bar they may have some tap handles you can have, I would say you could do it a lot less than that. You need a regulator if you don't have one that is ~$50-$100. If you want to be able to serve at different PSI for each beer you will need one for each line. Many people don't worry about this and just split the line off of a single reg. You can find faucets for less than $20 or you can spend well over $100. Line wise if you are trying to be cheap, as I did you can go buy some from a place like Lowe's for the time being. I do plan to upgrade this part when I feel like it. So far I have had no issues with Lowe's tubing. You will need disconets for each keg in and out. You will also need somekind of shank depending on your set up this can have quite a range in price depending on what you need/want.
So not counting the regulator each line could be put in for:

Faucet: $20
Line: $5
Disconnects: $10
Shank: $20
Total: ~$55

So if you want a regulator for each line you will be over $100 each line, if you don't probably ~$50 depending. You can always upgrade to multiple regs and better line in the future.

My LHBS has a used 5# CO2 tank full for $50. Is this a good deal??

I suppose it depends what you want to get, you can probably do it cheaper by getting all chrome stuff and cutting corners. I did mine with Perlick taps and a stainless shank, and it came to about $100 per by the time I had it all hooked up.

Maybe someone will chime in with a sweet deal or something.

don't forget the ss tailpieces and ss flanges!!

Latest posts

Back