Help me estimate OG & final ABV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm step-feeding my cider mainly to see how much alcohol I can create and still taste good. :)
I put in 4# of sugar, 1 can of frozen concentrated fruit punch, 1 can of apple juice and 5 gallons of apple juice to begin with.
Then after about a week, I added another 4# of sugar, and two cans of concentrated apple juice.
I'm using EC118 yeast. What sort of alcohol do you think I can get? I forgot to get an OG, besides, it wouldn't help much after doing the step feed. :)

Do you remember the brands of each of the concentrates/juices you used? If so you should be able to get the amount of sugar present to start with by combining the amounts seen on their nutritional labels.

Yeah... I'm going by the generic, I figured out I have something along the lines (I think) of about 3500 carbs. I found nutrition info on the web that the fruit punch has about 43 carbs. I can't find anywhere to convert that to an OG, though

Back