help me decide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnoldk2

Reaction score
I haven't brewed in 6 months. Due to family tragedy and building a playroom for my son I thought I lost the passion for brewing. Recently though I find myself thinking of brewing just like I did 6 months ago so I know I haven't lost the passion. My wife is pretty happy that I've turned the corner with my grieving and is ecstatic when she hears me talking of beer and brewing.

So to get to my point... I'm in the market for a new mashtun. I'm going to buy a blichmann boilermaker pot with a false bottom. Should I buy the 15 gallon pot where it will fit 95% of my mash without overflowing or should I get the 20 gallon pot where if I choose I can fit the big beers I like to make? Typically I don't make big beers until fall/winter time. Right now I have a 10 gallon cooler as a mashtun and the problem is I sometimes overflow the top. Help me decide, any input will be appreciated!

Back