help me chose a fridge for my (4) courney kegs plus 5 gal. co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802VermontHomebrew

Reaction score
I am looking for a courney keg fridge to my my 4 courney kegs and co2 tank. all the mini fridges I have found are like dorm style and to small... I dont want to buy a full size fridge because it wont FIT down the stairs to my basement... So I need something inbetween :) If you know of any that might work pleassssse let me know. Of course (cheaper the better) Thanks :) :mug:

Look up keezers. Chest freezer with a temperature controller on it to interrupt AC to the compressor. Not exactly cheap, unless you happen onto a Craigslist deal for a used chest freezer. You can make your own temp controller out of a thermostat, a solid-state resistor, an outlet and a little time and effort. Just a thought.

+100 on the chest freezer from Craigslist. I found a 14 cu for free. Just had to repaint it but it works awesome. Cold stays in them better as well when you open the lild since cold air is heavier.

thanks guys I will have to look locally for one.. I was at sears last night looking at them but they all seemed to either be to short, or tall enough but not deep enough....

I was walking through Lowes this morning and spotted this 7 cu ft chest freezer for 169.99
http://www.lowes.com/pd_73849-33112....10-_-SC_Freezers Ice Makers_Area1-_-17645_1
I'm not sure if it's big enough for those cornies? and noticed it did have a step up in the bottom.
I would almost rather buy a new one than go on another craiglist wild goosechase but that's just me. Would be nice to find one for
50 bucks like new but all I see at the thrifts are at least 125.00, 30 years
old and smell like something died in there.

Back