Help! little plastic piece in auto siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afchad

Reaction score
Im in the process of my first boil....there is a little oval piece with two tabs that is loose in my auto siphon...what is it ? is it important? I opened the package and that's the way it was

it's the piece that prevents liquid from easily going back down. I removed mine once while cleaning, and it was a bit of a pain to get back in place. It goes in the bottom of the larger tube, tabs down.

Small oval shaped rubber gasket that seals the bottom of the siphon.

As long as it seals then I think you should be OK. I took mine apart once and it never seemed to work correctly again.

I get it now...got it snapped back in.....it wasn't manufactured very well. thanks for all the replies

it's the piece that prevents liquid from easily going back down. I removed mine once while cleaning, and it was a bit of a pain to get back in place. It goes in the bottom of the larger tube, tabs down.
Hey I'm dealing with this right now. How did you manage to pop that thing back in there?

Hey I'm dealing with this right now. How did you manage to pop that thing back in there?
Well, it's been a long while, but the main thing I remember is patience and luck in getting it lined up right. :)

I'd also try putting a twist tie or a small piece of wire on it. If you put it on so that the twisted part would stick down, you might be able to use it to get it lined up, pull it down into place, then untwist, and push it out.

Back