HELP! Hosehead vs BCS Controller from Electric Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullyd82

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am looking to move to electric brewing to be able to brew more and indoors. Both of the controllers I mentioned allow for use for ipad/iphone/computer which is a plus to me. Does anyone use any of the products and what are the pros and cons?

I am planning on a 10 gal HERMS brewery. (3) 15 gallon pots, (2) chugger pumps, therminator.

I have been wondering the same thing. After reviewing both, it looks like you can control more functions with a BCS controller, but its hard to beat the price of the Hosehead. I am leaning towards Hosehead.

Hosehead is getting new features all the time (some you may need to get additional hardware for), it now has pH Sensor support on top of the existing volume level reading. And automated triggers will be added over the next month, as well as drag and drop beerXML recipes support

Just keeps getting hard to decide on one. Doug thanks for the update. I just contacted Hosehead to see how I could incorporate these features using that product.

I use the BCS460 with my iPad and have no issues I downloaded the Google Chrome app to access the controls.

I have been wondering the same thing. After reviewing both, it looks like you can control more functions with a BCS controller, but its hard to beat the price of the Hosehead. I am leaning towards Hosehead.

is this hosehead still available? im interested in this as well, just saving up the money at the moment

Im stuck in this same situation.

Except in an ideal world i would be purchasing a BrewTroller, but they have been MIA for a long time and dont even respond to my tweets anymore about when the BrewTroller is coming back so i consider them no longer an option.

Im leaning towards the BCS 460 EBS DIY kit, but am tempted by the Hosehead price. I guess i am just a bit torn on Elsinore and not totally convinced that i am not going to run into some coding bug in the middle of a brew and get screwed over. I code for a living, i modify my BrewPi setup and have built my own fermentation controllers with Arduino's and know that these things sneak in and can ruin brew days quick.

For my point of view ... After a long research ... The Beer Troller is coming and I don't think will take long... But the price... The costumer friendly, constant upgrades and accessibility ... The Hosehead 2

Back