Help, First Time Kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irisndfan2

Reaction score
So I am thinking of purchasing this kit:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=467

And upgrading with 2 525SS Perlick Faucets, as well as buying two ball Lock Kegs and the 5lb. CO2 tank.

Now on that site, that all comes out to $414

I am planning on asking my parents to buy a Sanyo 4912 fridge as a christmas/BDAY gift.

So all in all this will probably run me just the $414

Based on what is shown and in the description does that kit satisfy everything I would need??

Also I am confused on what exactly an air Manifold with Check valves does???

Nice kit. You might want to get some keg lube for the o'rings and a cleaning kit but you won't need either right away.

I believe the check valve is to prevent beer from back flowing into your regulator in the event the keg has more pressure than the output of the regulator.

Yep, that kit should do you fine. The manifold is a CO2 splitter that will split the line so that you can run two taps off the same regulator. It will come assembled so all you have to do is attach the regulator to the tank and you're ready to rock (after you get the tank filled of course). The check valves are "one way" valves that will let CO2 through to the kegs but will not let beer backfeed though the valves and ruin your regulator.

Thanks for the information.

Now when the kegs arrive, do I need to "homebrew" Rig them in anyway?

and how what is the correct way to clean each keg after each use?? I was planning on using Star San to sanatize each time, but wasn't sure the best way to clean them??

The kegs are set up already, nothing needs to be rigged. There was a thread on here yesterday about cleaning kegs/lines you could do a search for. I use oxiclean the one that has no fragrances and hot water to clean the kegs and lines. Followed up with a good rinse with fresh water and then sanitize with Star San. Pretty much use the same method as you use for the rest of your cleaning and sanitization of your equipment.

Back