Help finding polycarbonate tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrH

Reaction score
Ok, I am finding this very odd. I blew out one of my sight tubes today when trying to remount it on my HLT. Not worth a detailed description of what happened; bottom line is that I am trying to find some replacement tubing and can't find it anywhere. It's 1/2" OD x 1/4" ID thick wall. It seems like there are NO online suppliers currently selling thick wall polycarbonate tubing that small. Actually I did find one but their minimum order is 32', so at least I know it's still being made. Anyone have any leads? I'd be willing to buy as much as 8', but actually need 18" immediately.

Thanks-
MrH

Nope. They only have 1/16" wall. I know they used to have it, but not now. Same with Grainger, USPlastics, SmallParts, MCS, even some of the specialty suppliers I used to use when I worked for a defense contractor. Really weird.

Hmm, I think I may have found some from a company in Canada. I'm waiting for confirmation, probably in the morning.

Check with Wayne at BargainFittings.com

I recently broke my sight tube. I had other items on order with him and he was able to special order in the 1/2" OD polycarbonate.

Nope. They only have 1/16" wall. I know they used to have it, but not now. Same with Grainger, USPlastics, SmallParts, MCS, even some of the specialty suppliers I used to use when I worked for a defense contractor. Really weird.

Hmm, I think I may have found some from a company in Canada. I'm waiting for confirmation, probably in the morning.

yuri posted the part number. I know they have it because I just got some delivered less than a week ago.

Wow, that's really strange. When I searched for polycarbonate I drilled down and the only thing they had listed for 1/2" OD was thin wall. I then tried it for 1/4" ID and they only had thin wall again (3/8" OD). Color me confused :confused:. Thanks guys!

MrH

McMaster has so many parts that sometimes they sell a part that's impossible to find without typing in the exact part number. It's still in the system, they still stock it, and if you have the part number written down from an old order, you can still order it. But it won't turn up when you search for it or if you drill down through the categories. I've seen it happen more than once.

Back