Help finding local brewers in CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshepherd

Reaction score
This is my first post and I am looking for some help finding some Home brewers from the Fairfield County Connecticut area.
Here's why:
I help run an agricultural fair complete with baked goods, sewing, chickens and rabbits. I have been asked by a few people(over the last few years) to add Home brewing as a category. I do not know much about the topic and I found my way here to look for help. I did not get names of people interested and have no leads to follow.
A quick internet search brought me here, but not much else.
Where would I find someone capable of judging brews? I enjoy beers, but know little, except for what I like.
I was also hoping to find someone to maybe set up a table and be able to answer questions and educate people.
If you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

check with the owners of Maltose Express in Monroe and Jim Zebora who is an editor of the stamford advocate/greenwich times and writes for Zymurgy (a brewing magazine) and a monthly column in the papers about beer. Both should be able to give you a good idea of the people locally qualified to judge. I have only been brewing for 2 years or so and am not a beer judge and have only met one or two other brewers in the area, though I know there have to be more. I think those two sources should be able to help you out.

Thanks for the leads.
I do not expect this department to have many entries, but I am adding it because there are a few brewers around and it think it will be fun for them to be able to show off their craft. Maybe seeing this will get other people interested.

i think you might be surprised. there are some active clubs in CT and people are always looking for comps to enter.

I don't want this to be taken too seriously, I want people to show their craft/hobby.

There are several breweries in CT that might be able to help you find information and volunteers and what not. There's the Thomas Hooker Brewery in Windsor, the Olde Burnside Brewing Co. in East Hartford, the Willimantic Brewery in Willimantic, and I believe there's one in Woodbridge too. Oh, and don't forget BAR in New Haven. Just Google. Hope that helps.

BTW, I'd be happy to judge if I can make it. I don't have any judging experience, but I know how to taste and appreciate!

Back