Help! Cleaning Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you threading the right way (counter clockwise)? Do you have a faucet wrench?

sorry, the "faucet" I guess is the wrong term. It is the piece that the faucet aattaches to that attaches to the beer line. For some reason it is not threading back into the neck. I hope that paints a better picture. Thanks!!!

I did find the faucet wrench, and will use for the next time...... I should have asked before for that one. Thanks for that tip.

It looks like I was able to tighten the neck part but now I have no beer flow. Any ideas??

ucf_alumnilxa said:
I hear the CO2 going in but no beer is going into the tube. Any ideas? Thanks

Are your lines hooked up right? In and out on the keg?

Are your lines hooked up right? In and out on the keg?

Everything is hooked up the same. This is my 4th keg. the only thing I changed was cleaning the faucet. I made sure that there is CO2 by releasing the prssure to see if it comes back.

My only issue today was reattaching the faucet to the neck. Could anything be "kinked" or something damaged? there? Thoughts?

The tower probably has a cap, pull that off & look down to be sure you didn't "spin" the thing the faucet connects to & kink the line.
If you hear gas going into the keg, you may not have the gas connection to the keg on right/tight. You should only hear the gas for
a few seconds if your "purged the keg with the relief valve.

The tower probably has a cap, pull that off & look down to be sure you didn't "spin" the thing the faucet connects to & kink the line.
If you hear gas going into the keg, you may not have the gas connection to the keg on right/tight. You should only hear the gas for

I will look for a kink. I only hear the CO2 for a second or two then it's gone.

Maybe I kinked the line. Thanks

You are 100% correct.... the tube was spun up like crazy!!! I now know how to fix it in the future! Thanks!!! You had the fix!!!

BTW any thoughts for a "thin wrench" for the tower nut holding the neck? I was able to tighten it best I could. Just wondering for the future. Thanks everyone for their ideas!!!!!

You could try an open end wrench, (not adjustable) depending on the wrench, it might fit.
I just use a large strait blade screw driver to jamb it, it's not like it needs to be super tight.

Back