HELP!! Cant keep my lid on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes_1696

Reaction score
i did my home brew on sunday and last night when the yeast started going to work it blew my airlock out then i fixed that then an hour latermy lid went flying across the room i used the Wyeast German ale yeast any help would apprecated

Check the airlock to make sure it's not plugged. If it isn't plugged just cover the container with tin foil until it dies down and you can use the lid/airlock again

i made a blow off hose but the lid still wants to come off for some reason.... how do i use the tin foil ? do i just cover?

blowoff.jpg

This worked for me....

If you have a blow off tube correctly installed there isn't any reason the lid should still be blowing off.

i have it set up like that on the link you gave me never mind there is just a lot of pressure on the lid

Two more questions.
1. Not to be an a$$, buy are snapping the lid on tight. I just used a new bucket this weekend and the lid was a pain to get pushed on all of the way.
2. Did you cut the "cross tip" off of the air lock stem. Sometimes the krausen will plug up the cross tips.

Cheers.

i did my home brew on sunday and last night when the yeast started going to work it blew my airlock out then i fixed that then an hour latermy lid went flying across the room i used the Wyeast German ale yeast any help would apprecated

Any exaggeration in that? Any at all?

there was a little exaggeration. but when i got to really looking at it it was clogged. i didnt know you could cut off the cross stems of it and no the top has used twice and it make a poping nosie when it snaps on. but all in all it was a farily interesting morning

Back