Help build my peanut butter beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbachunk

Reaction score
So I dont know if many of you have seen it before but there is someone doing a peanut butter porter- https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/peanut-butter-porter-w-powdered-peanut-butter-61538/

This intrigued me as I love peanut butter and could never figure out a way to get it into beer. Well since finding PB2 I can finally start my crusade of a peanut butter brew. I would like to do my base beer a a nut brown with the added peanut butter in my boil. Also I am doing partial and light malt extra will be used.

Suggestions?

Lots of people have put PB in their beer. Haven't seen many posts about how it tasted.

Get Peanut Butter Extract. I am sure that the grocery store or some specialty online would have it.

Sounds interesting.
I have seen pecans used before but not peanuts.
I would think the oil would likely kill any head. I wonder if you could just use the peanut "trub" in the bottom of an all natural peanut butter (no salt, no sugar, no preservatives) - just pour off the oil on top (great for frying).
This will not eliminate the oil but will limit it to some extend and I think you would get more flavour from the solids.

Sounds interesting.
I have seen pecans used before but not peanuts.
I would think the oil would likely kill any head. I wonder if you could just use the peanut "trub" in the bottom of an all natural peanut butter (no salt, no sugar, no preservatives) - just pour off the oil on top (great for frying).
This will not eliminate the oil but will limit it to some extend and I think you would get more flavour from the solids.

That is a long difficult process hence why I am going with the powder

Get Peanut Butter Extract. I am sure that the grocery store or some specialty online would have it.

I have the powered stuff so dont need the extract need a base beer recipe

Lots of people have put PB in their beer. Haven't seen many posts about how it tasted.

I have only seen or heard of one other (the link I posted)

I've done a PB stout. It's floating around here somewhere. I went with the actually PB, de-oiled, etc. Did have a problem with head retention and the PB flavor I was looking for wasn't quite there. Probably just needed to add more. I say just find a base recipe you now works and you think it will benefit from the addition. The joy of homebrewing is we can experiment.

PS: Recipe is in the my Recipes drop down to the left

I've done a PB stout. It's floating around here somewhere. I went with the actually PB, de-oiled, etc. Did have a problem with head retention and the PB flavor I was looking for wasn't quite there. Probably just needed to add more. I say just find a base recipe you now works and you think it will benefit from the addition. The joy of homebrewing is we can experiment.

PS: Recipe is in the my Recipes drop down to the left

I do not have a good nut brown that works and that is my biggest problem.

Back