help balancing my system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CADETS3

Reaction score
As i've posted before, i'm getting nothing but foam when i am pouring. I have updated my line to 12' of 3/16 ID. Beer is coming out at 35-38 F. Wont be 100% until i buy me a reliable thermometer. Ive had it sitting at 10 psi since saturday night and i'm still getting nothing but foam.

What pressure did you carb at and what pressure are you now serving at?

The beer could be overcarbed or not quite carbed at all if the solution hasn't absorbed much of the gas. How long has it been sitting at 35-38F? That is the ideal temperature ranged for carbing. So, assuming you've been carbing in that temp. range for a few days, I've got to think the beer is simply overcarbed.

"100% foam"? Really? Does it "spit" out of the faucet, too?

Either that's a hella overcarbed beer that's totally overwhelming the beer line resistance, or your keg is injecting CO2 into the beer at the Out post, which is typically caused by a bad or missing O-ring under the dip tube flange...

Cheers!

No it is not over carbed at all...it is barely carbed. I have been carbing at 10 psi since last saturday. so tomorrow would be 6 days. The first glass i poured with the new 12' line resulted in 50-50, but then the second pour was 90-10. I have not touched the psi at all in almost a week. i will mention that If I grab hold of the pin lock connector to the keg, and pull up on it without disconnecting it from the keg, beer spills out from the connection. It mostly spills out the connection if I press Down on it as well and pressing down at an angle. I pulled it off just now and there is a constant small flow of beer coming through the pin lock after I've pulled off the connection.

I can guarantee you this, the beer is not over carbed what so ever.

Back