HELP!!!! 911 Brewing Emergency !!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcalle

Reaction score
well i told my girl friend that in needed to stir it today and she told me that she had already shook it without the airlock on because she noticed sugar on the bottom i don't know what it was any thoughts is it ruined it is still bubbling

Method:
Great value 100% apple juice not from concentrate with vitamin c
64 FL OZ bottle
s style air lock system
Need to brew 30 days
has brewed :10 days

please help!!!
emergency
thanks ,

josh

Na prolly ok, yeasts could use some oxygen on the beginning end anyway. Don't scare her away from brewing, it'll be fine.

no such thing an an emergency in brewing unless your glass carboy broke and you got cut..plus we don't understand your problem

Sounds like a cider? It was probably yeast/trub on the bottom, not sugar. I also don't really understand why the airlock was off, or how you would shake it without the airlock on, but I agree you're probably fine. Just make sure it's well sanitized and keep that airlock on!

thanks for all your responses what is thrub? im glad it will be fine it smells so good!!

josh

Trub is yeast, proteins, etc that drop to the bottom during fermentation. They don't hurt anything, but will make your beer (or cider) cloudy if you get it in the bottles. Try to rack from above it to avoid it, but no worries if you suck it up.

Back