Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tale Of An Ale

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is first post and just wanted to say hi, i'm technically not a "brewer" yet but my home brewing kit will be in by the end of the week... oh how i can't wait to :tank: .... :D

thanks, i can tell you i'll be spending my weekends trying to master my brewing skills, hopefully it won't take too long for me to make excellent beer

As long as you pay attention to what you're doing and have a decent grasp of the process (it's not that difficult at its most basic level), you should be brewing damn good beer this weekend.

well the recipe that is coming with my kit is known as "london brown", hopefully it will go down like a sam adams boston lager or a newky brown... hopefully more like a newky brown =)

well the recipe that is coming with my kit is known as "london brown", hopefully it will go down like a sam adams boston lager or a newky brown... hopefully more like a newky brown =)

It should be similar to Newcastle. Browns are a very good choice for a first ale, kit or not. They are still my favorite style, which doesn't impress the hopheads of the PNW. All the more for me.

thanks everyone for your replies and greetings. hopefully i will be able to post the outcome of my first brewing experience soon, and be able to :mug: my own brew.

Good choice on the Newk... I've gotten heroically drunk on that during some soccer games... damn. I'll come by your place and help you drink your first batch...

Funny Newcastle comes up now. I just did a mini "taste test". My first brew ever was a Brewer's Best English Brown Ale kit. It's great and almost gone. I just 5 minutes ago took two glasses to my husband and asked him to pick the best tasting. (one of mine, one of Newk) He tasted the Newcastle and recognized it immediately. He tasted mine and said, "But this one is more complex flavored, better head, better smell and it tastes better." My "homemade" brown ale is now in his "Lifetime Favorite Top 4. " He ranked Capital Brewery's Maibock #1, New Glarus Fat Squirrel #2, Left Hand Brewery's Sawtooth Ale #3, and my own #4.

Maybe he's just trying to make me feel good- but it works!!!! Good luck on your first brew. And welcome to the most addicting hobby in the world.

Lorena

david_42 said:
It should be similar to Newcastle. Browns are a very good choice for a first ale, kit or not. They are still my favorite style, which doesn't impress the hopheads of the PNW. All the more for me.

Don't forget all of us Hopheads in the ANE (Atlantic North East), more properly called New England.....

Back