Hello From the LBC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mic Carp

Loud Mic
Reaction score
Hey guys!
New guy from Long Beach here to share ideas, check out the cool keezers, setups, learn about new styles and tell tall tales.

lookin forward to some good chatter!

Hey Mic, welcome from Sacramento and former SoCal resident. Love the Long Beach Roscoe’s chicken and waffles!

Hey Mic, welcome from Sacramento and former SoCal resident. Love the Long Beach Roscoe’s chicken and waffles!

Hey NGD! Roscoe’s is great. My kids played jazz there before and love the chicken
If you’re ever down here let’s meet for a beer and some chow.
How do you like NorCal compared to SoCal?

Hey NGD! Roscoe’s is great. My kids played jazz there before and love the chicken
If you’re ever down here let’s meet for a beer and some chow.
How do you like NorCal compared to SoCal?

Sounds good!

NorCal is pretty nice. I’m from the IE originally, so not quite as hot, there are many more options in terms of finding a lake or river to hang out in, less crowded and the traffic around Sac is lighter in general and Tahoe is an hour away. Downside is the beaches aren’t my style, its a longer drive to get to the beach and traffic has gotten considerably worse since I moved here several years ago.

Hey bwariany!
Bixby is the super nice part of town.
There is a club that meets at my LHBS, Stein Fillers, but I haven’t been in ages because it always conflicts with other obligations. Whatcha brewing?

Yeah, Steinfillers is nice. I rarely get up there to shop as I've got Windsor and O'Shea both down locally, but they've got a good shop. I'm similar with my own club, in that I rarely make it to meetings... Who's got the time for that lol?

Right now nothing in the fermenter, as I was stocking up and got everything kegged for the SoCal Homebrew Fest this weekend. Getting ready to get in the car and head down there soon. Next up is going to be a Kolsch.

How about you?

Cool. Have fun at the fest. I’ve yet to make it to one. Next summer for sure.

Right now I’ve kegged up a honey blonde, Irish red, and Hefeweizen for a fundraiser tomorrow

Also i had a blonde extract kit leftover so i brewed that yesterday to compare to my first BIAB which is also a blonde. In the fermenter I can already see a huge difference in color.
I think I’m really gonna like this BIAG method

What part of SD are you?
I spent most of the 80’s in mission beach and still have friends in OB and up near rancho penasquitos

Back