Hello from the armpit of Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Drinklestien

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Guten Tag from Windsor Ontario,

I've been a home brewer for the last 7 years. It had started out with an LME kit gifted to me from my mother in law on Christmas and then turned into building a small brewery in my backyard. I'm now currently brewing with a GrainFather G70 and fermenting out of an 18 gallon spike conical and sometimes brew buckets due to volume. I generally run 16 gallon batches up to 7% ABV, anything stronger like an imperial goes down to a 11 gallon batch. I've made some great beers and i've also made some not so great beers in my time, learning as I go and constantly trying to improve and learn from previous batches.

Look forward to picking your brains

Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome fellow local! (...I've always called this town the butt-hole of Canada)
:mug:

Guten Tag from Windsor Ontario,

I've been a home brewer for the last 7 years. It had started out with an LME kit gifted to me from my mother in law on Christmas and then turned into building a small brewery in my backyard. I'm now currently brewing with a GrainFather G20 and fermenting out of an 18 gallon spike conical and sometimes brew buckets due to volume. I generally run 16 gallon batches up to 7% ABV, anything stronger like an imperial goes down to a 11 gallon batch. I've made some great beers and i've also made some not so great beers in my time, learning as I go and constantly trying to improve and learn from previous batches.

Look forward to picking your brains

Cheers
Welcome to the party Mr. Dinklestien!

Sounds like you already have a lot of investment into this great hobby. I think all of us had some less than stellar beers but only a small hand full would admit it. I've had a few that were only good for the compost heap. Everyone I've encountered here are willing to help with all sorts of questions so you shouldn't go wrong with advise.

I'm getting kegs ready for a blonde Doppelbock I brewed on the first. Ten gallons of a wonderful brew I've done a few times now. Half of the batch will get a charge of Door County cherries and tucked away for a long age.

Happy brewing!

Sorry, no.. I'm disabled and don't drive very far, but I know Home | Mysite has hooked up with a Ruthven hop grower. :)
Nice, I didn't realize they were buying from a local source. Good to know, thanks! I have 1.5 lbs of hops shipping from Backroads to give them a go in the near future, they have a Triple Perle that i've been wanting to try.
Cheers

Back