Hello from Rhode Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewedisland

Reaction score
I've been wanting to home brew beer for years, but for whatever reason, this apple season finally got me moving and I just started my first home brew, a cider. Already learning a lot from this site. Thanks!

Welcome to the site from some who is from little Rhody. I lived all over RI before finally moving away again but boy I miss the foods

Welcome to HBT. I have a soft spot for Rhode Island. My great great great great great great great great grandfather, John Coggeshall, was the first President of Rhode Island. My older son got his masters degree from the Naval War College, and his younger son, one of my grandsons obviously, is now a junior at Brown University. This is probably information you weren't looking for, but that's what happens here on HBT. :p

EDIT in light of later a post by @brewedisland: You won't read much about John Coggeshall, and this is colonial history. Coggeshall died in 1647, the same year he was made President of the newly chartered colony Rhode island and Providence Plantation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome to the community from CT!
Hi, neighbor!

Welcome to the site from some who is from little Rhody. I lived all over RI before finally moving away again but boy I miss the foods
Definitely. I lived in Providence for a long time and I miss all the great restaurants there. I'm out in the sticks now... not terribly far away, but there's nothing like having all those options within walking distance or a 5 minute drive.

Welcome to HBT. I have a soft spot for Rhode Island. My great great great great great great great great grandfather, John Coggeshall, was the first President of Rhode Island. My older son got his masters degree from the Naval War College, and his younger son, one of my grandsons obviously, is now a junior at Brown University. This is probably information you weren't looking for, but that's what happens here on HBT. :p
Wow! I'll have to read up on that early history of the state. I hope your grandson is enjoying his time here.

Welcome from your neighboring state of Mass! Not sure where in RI you are, but check out the RIBS homebrew club, Rhode Island Brewing Society They are a great crew and are always looking for members and it's a great way to learn more from experienced people. My club in Mass and RIBS have worked on a few things together in the past.

Latest posts

Back