Hello from Northern California!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyattH

Reaction score
Hi,

Name is Wyatt. I've been brewing with friends for the past couple of years but decided to embark on brewing on my own in December 2020. I accelerated fast though.

I started with an LME kit and brewer kit, but after two batches, I was ready to move to an all-grain system, like I was brewing with my friends. I upgraded to a 14.5-gallon kettle (from a 5 Gallon Kettle) and used a propane burner for about 20 brews. Used my old large freezer as a fermentation chamber which works great.

Fast forward to late July... I installed a 30amp 240v GFCI circuit for a 20-gallon eKettle and EV1 controller. I'm already building a glycol chiller for my new 14gallon fermenter.

There's so much more I've done like starting my own hop yard. lol

Anyways, it's nice to be here! I've always lurked on the forums searching for peoples' past experiences and questions but decided to finally register.

Cheers!
Wyatt

Welcome. I've always wondered are the "Northern California, where the girls are warm" as Steve Miller sang in the "Rock N Me" song?

Just curious. Scientific study, etc...

Yeah! Saw him in concert about 12 years ago!

Steve bought the POS guitar in a pawn shop that was used in the song. Easily hear it (wasn't the main guitar in the song). Of course, when the song became a it, the pawn shop owner wanted to purchase the POS guitar back. Steve refused.

Reminds me of the Seals & Croft's song "Summer Breeze". Note the piano. It's a kid's toy piano.

Back