Hello from London, Ontario (Canada)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRobinson

Reaction score
First off... Arg! Wrote an intro already, hit submit and got a page cannot be displayed message, hit back and the form is blank. :drunk:

Anyway, I'm Thomas, up here in the Great White North (Canada) looking out my window at about 5" of snow. I'm a recent graduate of Graphic Design, having gone back to switch careers when I was 31yrs old and now finally graduated and well, not a great time to switch careers.

I haven't brewed anything in over 10yrs, but with the extra time on my hands, my parents bought me a starter brew kit at Xmas because I had mentioned how much I missed making beer years ago with my Dad's old equipment before it was sold at a garage sale.

Until now, I've only ever brewed the basics. Whatever the label said I did and that was all... add water, sugar, yeast and wait.

Wanting to learn more about the process, tailoring the taste, adding head, body etc I was searching for information last night and ended up here.

So, hopefully I'll learn lots from the forums and have a few batches done for summer. Additionally, if anyone wants any help or advice on label making/design, send me a message and I'd be more than happy to help.

Guelph! Small world... I lived in Guelph for 30yrs! Then Kitchener while in school again, moved to Alliston for about 6 months while looking for work. I just moved here in December.

Would move back to Guelph in an instant if I found work there. :)

Weird someone sent me that link in another thread. :) Must be a popular one...

So far brewing from kits, but, definitely looking to slowly upgrade to working with raw ingredients and recipes. Would love to make a white beer like Hoegaarden soon.

Weird someone sent me that link in another thread. :) Must be a popular one...

So far brewing from kits, but, definitely looking to slowly upgrade to working with raw ingredients and recipes. Would love to make a white beer like Hoegaarden soon.

Brew a light lager kit and throw in some flour :D

Just kidding. Read the recipie page on this site for lots of info and if you ask, I'm sure someone will point you in the direction you need to go to make it.

Hi Waterloo here. I buy EVERYTHING in bulk for all grain if anyone in the area needs anything.

Back