Hello from Huntsville, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmypop13

Reaction score
I'm brand new to the homebrewing world. My roommate bought a kit from Midwestern on eBay and finished his first batch about a month ago. It came out really good, but too dark and hoppy for me. Well for his second batch, he decided to make mead which is in the second fermenter right now and he's got apple cider in his primary fermenter so we had to go to the local brew store (actually about 45 minutes south) to get another secondary. I thought it was really cool and decided I want to make my own beer too. I ordered the same kit as him so hopefully it will be here this Thursday or Friday. Right now, I'm reading The Joy of Homebrewing but I'm getting a copy of How to Brew by Palmer on Monday because I was told it's even better.
Shiner hefeweizen and Budweiser Golden Wheat are my favorite two beers at the moment so I'm hoping I can make something similar to those for my first batch. I like many types of beer but I've never been a fan of any IPA's that I've tried because I don't like the aftertaste they give. Hopefully I'll soon be learning whether it's the type or amount of hops that causes that and be able to experiment on my own beers to get it right.
I'm hoping this site will be able to help me on my journey into homebrewing.
-Chris

Oh cool, yeah I'm originally from Spring which isn't far from Conroe. I'm in Huntsville about to finish up my bachelor's degree in May. I'm not sure what I'm doing after that!

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to hangout and learn. How to Brew is a great book. It sits on my desk all the time and I refer to it often.

Spring and Conroe are nice places. I did some disaster inspection work for FEMA after hurricane Ike.

Cheers

Back