Hello from France

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you,
I'm courious on the beer vision on the other side of the atlantic.
I'll found a lot of difference in the way on understanding beer.
I read a lot of american book (j.j. palmer, g. strong, r. mosher, s. Hyeronimous, ...), and I have a different vision of the beer (and of homebrewing).
I will understand better the "other" side of the beer.

Thank you,
I'm courious on the beer vision on the other side of the atlantic.
I'll found a lot of difference in the way on understanding beer.
I read a lot of american book (j.j. palmer, g. strong, r. mosher, s. Hyeronimous, ...), and I have a different vision of the beer (and of homebrewing).
I will understand better the "other" side of the beer.
Interesting. Could you describe some of the differences in your understanding of beer?

My vision is that american beers are more oriented on "a lot of..." otherwise european beer are more oriented in equilibrium.
For me there are two reasons: ingredients (european light malts are more has refined flavour and aroma, american classic hops are more fruity and can be used for more strong aroma).
I known very well european beers (expecially french and belgian styles), i known less well american beers and hop usage.
Yeast selections follows beer vision.
Americans ipas are lot of alcool and lot of hops, but malt and yest are not present.
I really like session ipas.

My vision is that american beers are more oriented on "a lot of..." otherwise european beer are more oriented in equilibrium.
For me there are two reasons: ingredients (european light malts are more has refined flavour and aroma, american classic hops are more fruity and can be used for more strong aroma).
I known very well european beers (expecially french and belgian styles), i known less well american beers and hop usage.
Yeast selections follows beer vision.
Americans ipas are lot of alcool and lot of hops, but malt and yest are not present.
I really like session ipas.
I think you're right. In fact, my doctor told me that sometimes travelling in Europe (He mentioned Spain in particular) he can't get IPA. He's an IPA fanatic. He started home brewing years ago when he couldn't get commercial IPA at all.

Hello,
I'm new here.
I started to brew my beer in 2015, and I never stopped.
Where are you in France? I spend a lot of time there and have met several professional brewers. They are using a lot more of the American varieties of hops now. We visited hop farm near Nantes in July. They are growing Cascade and Chinook, and selling all the crop as fast as it is harvested. French beer, at least in western France, is undergoing a real change. As I see it, anyway

I'm living in Lyon, in the south east.
But my beer passion was born when i travelled in belgium.
We have a house in Chinon. My father in law introduced me to Belgian beer in 1981, and a brother in law who was a truck driver brought me beer from all over Europe that summer-that's what started me on the path towards homebrewing.

Back