Hello from 2006

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am here after a brief 16-year break in the hobby. I think I used to post on the Listermann forum, and there was a Usenet group. I brewed all-grain stuff. No clones. Just things I cooked up.

A day or two ago, I started thinking about brewing again, and I wondered if I should make a brew sculpture. Looks like things have really changed. I see there are now weird electric machines.

Don't know if I'll find the gumption to start brewing, but I will be browsing and lurking. Thanks for the forum.

I feel like I know nothing now. Things look so different. And every college kid is suddenly a beer expert. And microbrews are now "craft beers."

I go to Publix, and I see a vast array of mysterious Budmilcoors alternatives now. Unfortunately, almost none of them seem to be as good as homebrew. Pretty labels and clever names, though.

Back