Hello fellow drinkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beekeeperman

Reaction score
Just ordered a brewing kit yesterday , 2 buckets, a plastic carboy and the other basic necessities to get started including a irish red ale kit for the 1st batch.
This is a new hobby been wanting to get started for awhile now since i took up beekeeping last spring and have honey to make mead with too.
Bought a mead brewing book but will need a good beer brewing book too.

Anyhow, we live the simple kinda self sufficient life back in the Maine woods a bit compared to the masses. Grow and put up a lot of veges, fruit and firewood for heating, lumber for building etc.
and getting sick of beer prices and bottle returns etc so time has come to get my feet wet into homebrewing .
Did a tour of duty in W.Germany back in the 70s and got spoiled big time on tasty german beer. Never could drink that watery stuff again that big brewers
here make and the micro brews are $16. a twelve pack at least
anymore. Arrgh !

Hope not to be too big a pain here with questions but am a little wet behind the ears . :mug:

Welcome to the forum, new member here too. Besides the good beer made I like the fact that all the ingredients are considered food in WI so are not subject to sales tax. Thats a 5.5% savings right at the start.

Welcome to the group, and the hobby, from CO :mug:

How to Brew is the book to start with for brewers. Lots of great stickies in the forums here to read, too. k

Welcome to the group, and the hobby, from CO :mug:

How to Brew is the book to start with for brewers. Lots of great stickies in the forums here to read, too. k

I've been reading Palmers How to brew book on line .
Remember someone here mentioned it recently so googled it. Its all there i think.
Good easy reading but thanks for mentioning it just the same.
Got it bookmarked.

I was in Germany during the 70s too! Where were you stationed? If this homebrewing bug bites you, it won't be as cheap as you might think:) Good luck....you'll enjoy it!:mug:

I was in Germany during the 70s too! Where were you stationed? If this homebrewing bug bites you, it won't be as cheap as you might think:) Good luck....you'll enjoy it!:mug:

Bad Hersfeld 3/11 Cav , We patrolled the border and manned towers in the Fulda gap area.
You could say we were in the sticks mostly but we had locals on the border near the observation towers
that would bring us beer for a reasonable price :mug:
cold war stuff, east-west german border .

Where were you and what did you do >

Back