hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kovalbob

Reaction score
I have a hefeweizen in primary for 2nd week. I do my brewing in my weekend home in Woodstock NY. Upon arrival today I discovered a dead mouse in my blow off bucket. There is star san in there. Is my beer contaminated or is it okay? Beer was supposed to be for July 4th party.

Thanks, Bob

Gross, but I bet it's okay because there should be positive pressure from the fermenter keeping bad stuff out.

If it looks, smells, and tastes okay it's probably okay.

I might keep that one for myself though, and not serve it to others. Non-brewers would be pissed if they drank it and later found out about the mouse.

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'll do. I promised to make and bring to friends 4th of July party. No time to brew and ferment new one. The beer smells okay looks ok. The krausen dropped and looks ready to keg. The closest gross thing that happened was a blow out with open carboy and fruit flies fying around top. That beer was great once I got passed it.

Your beer is okay. The pressure from the primary will keep anything from your beer.
Never, ever tell anyone about this if you wish to share beer in the future. Will there be HBT members at the party? If so the word is already out.

Thanks. No hbt members. Tasted the sample from fg reading. Gonna keg it later and decide if I will share it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Drank the sample I tested for final gravity. Tasted good, but I think I'll keep this one for myself and buy something for the party. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back