Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
I brewed my first Hefe Sunday, used to love this style when I was stationed in Germany. Within 12 hours I had signs of fermentation, and now after 2 days it's going nuts, but man does this stuff put off a strong odor! I had my daughter stick her head into the ferm chamber tonight and take a deep breath...lol...priceless!

I just brewed a Hefe. It is a great sytle for many reason. I love the fact I can go grain to glass so quick. It is one of my go to beers when one of my taps get low and I want to fill it quick.

Cheers my friend!

I brewed my first Hefe Sunday, used to love this style when I was stationed in Germany. Within 12 hours I had signs of fermentation, and now after 2 days it's going nuts, but man does this stuff put off a strong odor! I had my daughter stick her head into the ferm chamber tonight and take a deep breath...lol...priceless!

The technical term for the odor is "Rhino Farts".

:ban:

I'm brewing a Hefe this weekend, actually I plan to do it with organic kiwi's. They are on sale, so why not. It will be my first with all grain (BIAB). Any great recipes for the Hefe? I am starting my search for them now, saw this thread and decided to ask.

Back