Hef ferment temp ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punity

Reaction score
Hello i tried searching for this but i guess i suck at it haha. Im wondering what am i going to encounter with my fermenting temp. Ive read all about the clove and banana flavors or smells. but im still confused on what temps these occur at. I do not have a chamber yet so it sits in a closet in the middle of the house and its pretty cool here now. I checked the temp on the vessel and its right around 70. im not worried about getting to high just wondering what im going to expect with the temp in this range.

Within the 64-75 degree range for 3068 to go from Clove at 64 to Banana/Bubblegummy at 75. So you're definitely in banana territory. Remember too that the inside temp of that wort may be higher than the reading you get on the side. Also, during serving, try to get the served beer in the 50-60 degree range to showcase those yeast flavors.

Back