Heating a Speidel Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chcarpenter

Reaction score
So I have a couple of the Speidel Fermenters and I love them, however I am located in Indiana and well lets just say the weather is unpredictable and I need to consider options for keeping temperature for fermentation. I have seen the FermWrap Heater and other such products on the market, but didn't know if anyone has used them with a Speidel? I would love in the future to build Temp Controlled box for the fermenter but I need a temp solution for the time being. If not a FermWrap Heater what would be suggested?

I would suggest the FermWrap. Go here Bean Farm at the bottom you will see FlexWrap in various widths. I think the 4" all the way around on a 30L Speidel would work great. I use it on my Better Bottles but am ordering for my Speidel now.

Thanks for the thoughts. I just got 2 120L, and have been deputing what to do for winter.

I do what helibrewer mentioned. I have one of the heating blankets that is used to keep seed beds warm. I also have the t'stat to keep it under control. That gets wrapped around my fermenter.. either Speidel or Better Bottle.. Around that I have a piece of 'reflectex' (the same type stuff that goes in the car window to keep the dash from getting sun damage) Seems to work just fine. I also have what I think is called a Cool Bag. It goes highly unused.. and that's unfortunate as I seem to always rely on cold bath's or an aquarium heater to keep temps under control. I need to get that bag working :)

Back