heat stick issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
I have a heat stick I built e days ago it worked perfectly thru my first batch of the day. in the middle of the second batch it kicked out the gfi no water in the inside. I than isolated myself from the stick and disconnected the ground ( I know bad me have a set of non conducting screwdrivers) the stick works until the ground is touched to the body. I'm thinking my hot or nuetral might have a strand loose touching the body of the stick. Any other ideas and also how do I go about breaking the jb loose to see what I have going on I really want to be able to salvage the
pieces.

If it was me, I would chalk it up to experience, buy a new element and rewire it. Pretty small price compared to being zapped. :ban:

Agreed. If my heatstick broke, I'd toss it out and start from scratch. I'm missing finger prints, there's no way I'd dip an electric circuit in water if I thought it 'might' work.

Back