Heat Stick for 3 gallon batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering downsizing my brewing to 3 gallon batches since I've cut my drinking down a lot. I want a VERY simple system with just 1 heat stick. I absolutely am not building one, so please, don't bother. The answer is always "Build one, its simple." Thanks, I respect that it may be. Not gonna happen.

Has anyone used this one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R051DE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It seems to have better reviews around the net than the Marshalltown version. I like that the element is on the bottom also, good for BIAB which will probably be my system.

Are there any other plug-and-play 120v sticks out there? I can't seem to find any from homebrewing suppliers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used that one, but never for brewing. I used to have a tile installation business in Colorado and the cold made it hard to keep buckets of water from freezing. This was what I used them for. The heat output is pretty good, but I don't know how high it will go. They were always quite reliable. I thought about using one just to speed up the heating of sparge water, but haven't tried it yet.

Back