• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heat Stick - 2000w 120v

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twang

Reaction score
Looking for a heat stick for a keggle and 25gal pot. My last heat stick took on water and died. Thinking it might be best to buy one from someone more handy and experienced at building them. Let me know if interested and we can work out the cost for each part, shipping, and money for your time.

there were some on amazon for pretty cheap by the time you buy an element and put a little work in it. I think they were around 40 bucks.

I just picked up a bucket heater on amazon for $40 which is the one I think you are talking about but it is only 1000w and I mostly use it to heat up a bucket of water (go figure) for pbw and cleaning in between breaking out the brew stand.

I have a 5500w 220v that i used to use when i brewed on an electric stove. I don't really use it any more and its just taking up space. It's got a heavy duty 110v plug on it. And run at 110v i believe it comes out to 1375w. It's one of those ultra low watt density ones so it's very mild on your beer. I would assume you want this in supplement to something else? 2000w @ 110 (im not sure you can run that on 15A) will not boil 5 gallons let alone 10 or 15.

Thanks guys. I think I am going to give the bucket heaters from Amazon a try.
These are supplements my burners to save on propane. I like the idea of having more than one for flexibility.

They're pretty simple little machines. I can build one to just about any spec for you. But in between parts (from lowes), shipping, and a little for my time I'm afraid it may be more than you want to spend

Power cord-depends on length $10ish
Element- depends on size 1200w is around $12
Chrome/brass sink pipe with cap- $10ish (I think)
JB weld- $6.99
PVC handle- not sure, probably less than $5
plug- $2ish
optional external GCFI (always use one, but only including it if your outlet isnt safe) $17.99
Shipping-depends on where, I shipped off my old heatstick for $17 to residential
Plus labor-say $20

http://lovebrewingcompany.com/brewing/diy/heatstick/
Here is a nice guide if you decide to do it yourself.

Back