Heat diffuser between Erlenmeyer flask and hot plate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this might be the best place to post the question, when boiling starters on the hot plate, I use a flat coil of metal wire to create an air gap; this doesn't provide a really stable support when switching between larger 3L and smaller 1" flasks. Also, most manufacturers recommend against using their vessels directly on a hot plate, is there a fiberglass mat or something available to provide a bit of padding and prevent direct contact?

I thought this might be the best place to post the question, when boiling starters on the hot plate, I use a flat coil of metal wire to create an air gap; this doesn't provide a really stable support when switching between larger 3L and smaller 1" flasks. Also, most manufacturers recommend against using their vessels directly on a hot plate, is there a fiberglass mat or something available to provide a bit of padding and prevent direct contact?

They do make wire gauze mats to go under flasks. You might find one in the scientific section of Amazon or some lab supply.

Back