Heading to Lincoln, NE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubBrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm heading to Lincoln for work tomorrow for just one night. I may have some time in the evening to hit up a place or two. Staying near the university.

I found an old thread from 2008, but was hoping to get some recent suggestions on the best places to great some interesting beers.

Any suggestions?

I was just there myself. Nothing too interesting but pretty solid beer in my opinion is Empyrian (restaurant is called Lazlos in the Haymarket district) another one for some drafts and a pretty good bottle selection is a pizza place called Yia Yia's on O street. Maybe some locals could chime in...

:mug:

Empryean is good but Rich(head brewer) is real big on drinkable malty beers. I really enjoy Burning Skye Scottish Ale and their Vanilla porter and Oatmeal stout are good as well. I would also recommend Mistys steakhouse for dinner, Modern Monks brew there and sometimes they come up with awesome beer. Not always, but sometimes. Good steakhouse too.

I lived in Omaha for a while. That brewpub is okay. My memory is a little hazy since it was a few years back. The beers, I can remember were overall good. However, there is one exception, their Octoberfest was perhaps the best true Octoberfest style I have ever tasted. That probably seconds the notion that their beers are on the malty side.

Hey everyone - thanks for the advice on Lincoln. I was able to go to both Yia Yia's and Lazlos. The beer selection at Yia Yia's was pretty awesome. Lazlos was a great spot for dinner, I really enjoyed the prime rib. I got the sampler there and it was pretty decent. I liked the Scottish ale but the Oatmeal Stout was by far the best. I would recommend either place.

Cool town, I would love to go back on game day!

Back