Heading to Asheville, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebaynote

Reaction score
Need some beer related suggestions. What are some of your favorite local brews etc. Thanks in advance. I'm driving so I plan on bringing some goodness back to Memphis with me.

Wish I could tell you some brews to taste while in Ashevill but i dont know any. If you're travelling through Knoxville on 40 you could stop at Downtown Grille and Brewery...i enjoy the Nut Brown there. Bring some brews back to memphis with ya.
-Jeff-

My Uncle lives there, and while I don't know specific names, he claims it has the most microbreweries on the east coast. So I think you should be able to find lots.

Asheville Brewing on Merrimon Ave
The Thirsty Monk on Patton Ave (My favorite bar ever (all belgian beers downstairs))
Jack of the Woods across the street from the Thristy Monk is OK
The Bier Garden is right across from Malprops bookstore, near the convention center.
Mellow Mushroom, Barleys Tap Room (great)

Look up the French Broad Brewery, small low key operation, but DANG GOOD beer.

Highlands Brewing is close
Pisgah is close

MAKE SURE to look up Brusin Ales, they're right off 240 Exit 5 downtown, the best bottle selection in the city.

If you want more suggestions, PM me, I go there many times a year.
They also have a great homebrew shop right across the street from Asheville Brewing.

Asheville also has a beer tour bus, but Ive never tried it.

Asheville is awesome, especially for beer/wine. I think they tied with Portland, OR for Beer City USA.

Lots of local breweries with great beer (tops are listed above).

I have no suggestions to offer, but my buddy just visited Asheville and had nothing but platitudes to offer on the brewpubs he visited. Enjoy!

I have been a bit dissapointed with beers from the Asheville Brewery, but French Broad makes great beer.

Family lives in asheville - i go there often. Fave brews...

Pisgah pale ale
Highlands Gaelic Ale
French Broad's 13 Rebels (its an ESB)
Wedge's Imperial stout and their IPA are great

Really there are tons more but these are a few that I always make sure to get when i visit.

My favorite breweries in Asheville are French Broad and Pisgah. Bruisin ales is a must-visit. They keep an up-to-date instock list on their website, dwww.bruisin-ales.com check it out. I like Barley's Taproom the best, and Asheville pizza is good. There are several excellent breweries nearby, like Catawba Valley. I got a growler of Whiskey River IPA, which is aged 6 months in Jack Daniel's barrels, and Firewater IPA, which is a black IPA. Good luck fitting it all in, you'll need it.

french broad- altbier and kolsch are both amazing
catawba valley uber pale ale blows my mind
Barley's Taproom and pizzeria - somehting like 40 taps 75% are local and the staff are very friendly, best local selection on tap I've seen.

The Wedge Wit is pretty good too.
FOXHILL MEADERY. if you're into mead these guys rock. you can get them at the beer store by barley's taproom. They have it available by the glass. I like the spiced one best.

Back