HBT Meet-Brew-Share on Jan 19, Menifee CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polvofiloso

Reaction score
Over in THIS THREAD we were throwing around ideas for a meet-up in the Temecula/Murrieta area. I'm just a tad north of there but I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on it so here goes...

My wife and I are inviting everyone over to our place in Menifee, on January 19th for a HBT meet-up, cluster-brew, bottle-share, etc. We can use this thread to plan details, and at some point I'll probably start a sign-up sheet just so we can get an idea of who's coming.

So here's the deal: even if nobody shows up, we will be here brewing a 10 gallon batch of something (whatever we're low on at the time), and enjoying our own homebrew all day long. Whoever wants to show up is welcome to do so, in whatever capacity you'd like. If you're new to brewing and just want to watch, that's cool. If you don't want to brew but want to meet some of the other HBT'ers in the area, that's cool. If you just want to bring some of your own homebrew to share, that's cool. If you want to bring your rig and brew a batch, I'll supply the water! If you want to bring some BBQ or do some BBQ on premises (xring?), that's cool. Basically you can come and hang out, and bring/do as much or as little as you want. The only requirement would be that you bring something to share, either your own homebrew or some commercial craft beer.

Here's what we have to work with: I have a large hardscaped back yard (with a pool, but its too cold to use unless you're in the polar bear club), with a 75' X 14' covered patio. I figure we can probably fit over a dozen all-grain brew rigs under there (I'm still an extract brewer). For those who would like to bring their homebrew in corny kegs, I have one 3-faucet kegerator in the house (by the pool table :) and a large Bev-Air commercial kegerator with 3 faucets (but will hold about a dozen cornies to keep them cold) on the patio. If we have more people than that who want to bring kegs (wow wouldn't that be killer), we can either rotate them, or use picnic taps on the rest. BTW, I am mostly set up for ball-locks but I do have one faucet rigged with pin-lock so I can fit the shorter pin-lock keg at the back of my kegerator. But all of my keg connectors are on flare fittings so they can be swapped easily, and I do think I have an extra set or two of pin-lock connectors somewhere in case we need them. For food prep, I have a normal sized gas grill, and one of those 2-chamber smokers, if anyone wants to fire those up.

My wife and I hope it will keep rolling after the brewing is done and turn into a fun party well into the evening. We have a nice fire pit and lots of wood for it! We have two guest rooms plus a couple of couches to crash on for those who are unable to drive home. If anyone wants to bring their RV to crash in, we have plenty of room for those too.

We'll work out the time, details, etc as people show interest. So who's in?

I'm in!
I'm in vista so if anyone from sd driving up wants to carpool(meet off the I-15)...I'm game for that..
I'll bring a keg of somethin...
Igotsand

Count me in
I live in murrieta, and have three brews going would greatly appreciate feedback, and would like to brew a batch as well thanks polvo

I wont have anything ready by then, but I do have some ciders done. I will try to make it over. sounds fun!

On a side note, where do you guys shop usually for brew stuff? I know of Brewliterate in Canyon Lake and Murrieta Homebrew, anywhere else?

Love the idea!
I'm a maybe because I think we have plans that day. If not, I'll be there.

OK looks like we've got a few solid maybes so far LOL...

Each of you who are interested please drop me an email at [email protected] and Ill send you the address. I should have a keg of our Orange Blossom Honey Ale on tap :)

I'm out. When I talked to the wife about it, the first thing she said was "Isn't that the weekend of your camping event?"
Next time this happens I'd love to go though.

Brewing a 10-gallon batch of Rough & Reddy Ale today. Not sure if we'll have this one kegged up by the Meet-Brew-Share. If we do, it'll be a little "green" still. Anyhow this is where we'll be on the 19th, hope you guys can join us :)

polvofiloso said:
brewing a 10-gallon batch of rough & reddy ale today. Not sure if we'll have this one kegged up by the meet-brew-share. If we do, it'll be a little "green" still. Anyhow this is where we'll be on the 19th, hope you guys can join us :)

image-2686656189.jpg

I am planning on brewing a pale tomorrow, it will be green, but may be ready. My cider will be ready for sure. I am in.

Thanks everyone who showed an interest in this. Unfortunately there was only one person who actually said he could make it so I cancelled it. Maybe with it being MLK weekend most folks had other plans. Thanks to Biohazard for saying he'd show up. Maybe we can still meet up sometime and share some brews.

I hope someone else will try this again sometime. I'd really like to participate if someone else tries to put something together.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in the way of an update. As I posted above this was cancelled at the last minute from lack of participation.

Back