HB Hefe, how to serve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
Quick question, should I upend my homebrew Hefeweizen and draw it up, or should I pour like regular leaving the bottom bit? Beer is on the counter, clock is ticking!

(Homebrewer99's recipe)

:drunk:

Serve it however you like best. The "proper" way to serve a hef is to pour some of the beer into the glass then swirl to bottle to get the yeast into suspension and pour the rest. But like I said, drink it how you like it.

I did a swirl and an upside downer, and the result was about the same. The one thing I didn't follow in the recipe was the amount of priming sugar. I went with 7.2 instead of 9 oz. Should have put 9 in there. Gotta brew another batch. Great taste, aroma, color, and a quick brew to drink time. Only negative was my fault in not following the recommended (by calculator) amount of priming sugar. It's still a good brew and I WILL redo this brew!!!

Kipis!

~Juice

my first Hefeweizen was much clearer than I ever imagined, I poured like a normal home brew and was surprised to see how clear it was... then I did the swirl method and was much more pleased with the out come...

Click here for photo comparison...

I have done all those pours, but I mostly like to almost lay the glass down and pour into it until I only have about 1" of beer left in the bottle. As I pour and the beer reaches the lip I will start standing the glass upright until I have very little beer in the bottle...then I'll swirl and pour. ;)

Back