Hazey Neipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just kegged it and tasted a little bit . Very grapefruity flavor. Has a slight alchoholy taste as well. OG was 1.070 and FG 1.012. This is my first Neipa so I dont know if the taste is normal. Smells really good and juicy

Just kegged it and tasted a little bit . Very grapefruity flavor. Has a slight alchoholy taste as well. OG was 1.070 and FG 1.012. This is my first Neipa so I dont know if the taste is normal. Smells really good and juicy

At 7.6 ABV some alcohol is likely to come through. But if it tastes good to you overall, then props and enjoy!

Personally, I might shoot for 1.060 OG next time to get the alcohol down a bit and away from the DIPA range.

Most people say a good NEIPA tastes citrusy and tropical, and they tend to mean pineapple, stone fruit, peach, passion fruit, orange, or mango rather than grapefruit flavor. I've tasted a ton of local and national NEIPA's and I've never described them as grapefruity.

If you get grapefruit, I am guessing you used something like Centennial or Cascade? Many people use Citra, Mosaic, and often Galaxy for their NEIPAs. I like to use Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe for a slightly danker taste.

But your NEIPA sounds like something I am going to try next, which is to make a grapefruity version with Centennial, Cascade, and either Columbus or Simcoe. It might not end up tasting like what most NEIPAs are shooting for, but it sure sounds tasty!

Last edited:
Yeah I missed my mark . It was supposed to be a 9%abv. Since it's been carbed in the keg the alchoholy taste subsided. It is indeed juicy .

I used cascade , simcoe , mosaic , Amarillo , citra and Columbus

Latest posts

Back