Having some bottle conditioning issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
I generally keg most of my beers but have been making some smaller batches mostly Belgian styles to bottle condition.

I've gotten a couple gusher batches and can't seem to figure out what is up? I have a stainless racking cane that I sanitize, tubing is pretty new, I do have some older plastic fermenters but I'm pretty adamant about santizing.

Any ideas? Do I need to do an oxyclean session?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm weary of letting bottled beer sit in the basement and condition and have been refrigerating my last few bottled batches.

I had an infection somewhere once, and bleach bombed (then thoroughly rinsed) all my glass items and replaced all the plastic items and that did the trick. Oxyclean won't kill bugs like bleach does, I believe.

Are you sure that the wort was fully fermented out when you bottled? And I mean FULLY? Not "sat three days at same FG," but rather matching the FG--or, reducing priming sugar to account for the difference--to the results of a forced / fast fermentation test (FFT)?

Thanks ya I'm usually hitting my numbers and I use carb drops that's why I think it might be my gear.

Back