Haven't made beer in a while

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzwyatt

Reaction score
For a few reasons I haven't brewed in quite a long time. For two years I brewed at least twice a month and still have dozens of cases of bottles form that period of time.

I started exercising and changing my diet last year and my thirst for beer and rich food decreased.

But I also lost my brewing journal and it was really discouraging. I thought I'd left it at a judging I did in San Diego, and I searched and asked around at NHC where I saw a bunch of people I saw at the judging. Never found it.

I found it yesterday. I thought it was lost forever, I'd given up. But I found it. And I put the last batch I made, sometime in summer last year, into a keg, and it tasted really good. I really want to make some beer now, haha.

I have been wanting to for a few weeks, the urge has been growing, and suddenly on the same day I kegged a batch and cleaned some lines, and found my brewing journal and a bunch of other recipes Zymurgy issues, and now I want to go to my HBS so bad, haha.

I'm pretty happy about it. I've missed it, and missed wanting to brew constantly.

You ever have something like that?

I've been somewhat down about brewing before. Just too busy with things to be able to relax and enjoy the process. It's difficult to feel good about brewing when you fell rushed, or you feel you shouldn't really be wasting most of a day brewing, and especially when you don't have a set process and almost each batch is trying a new piece of equipment or you have to hunt things down because you put them somewhere and forgot to have it ready.

I'm ok for beer right now, so I should probably try and tackle a couple of DIY things soon. But maybe I should get a Pale Ale brewed up before I start. Then it can ferment while I'm finishing some of those projects.

I started exercising and changing my diet last year and my thirst for beer and rich food decreased.

Most people start the new year with a resolution to get in shape and that means curtailing or abandoning their thirst for beer and rich food. Congrats on starting this year in the reverse! :p

I'm in the same boat but for a different reason. My son turns one tomorrow and I just haven't had the time to brew since he was born. I brewed one batch in the last year compared to the fifty batches I did in the three years before. I'm hoping that I'll get to brew again soon but I don't see it happening for another three weeks at least. Need to get my kegerator restocked and my pipeline full again.

Back