Have you used your leftover yeast as a supplement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the OP wants the Folate and Niacin yeast is GREAT for....(plus other B vitamins, not great for, but decent still)

And yeah i've tried it instead my usual half ounce of active dry yeast.. unfortunatly, although a yeast cake at the bottom of a batch of beer looks impressive wet, when you dry it out it doesn't really add up to much.

and i do bake my active dry yeast first to kill it, otherwise not the easiest on the gut....and for the nay sayers about eating yeast here's the USDA nurtrient profile for an ounce of it..

1658588007888.png

i don't believe in super foods exactly, but you gotta admit that's pretty good for just an ounce! :mug:

Hey guys.
Yeast takes up the minerals from the grains and creates some vitamin B. The problem is is companies who sell it debitter it cause it tastes like dirt. My brother gave me some (deactivated) yeast from a brew. He doesnt brew anymore cause he's at dental school. But that yeast made me feel so calm and so good. Commercial products arent doing it for me. Not even close.

I tipped up the fermenter a drank a big swig off the bottom. Don't thing I got any benefit other than a good laugh from my buddy.😆
The wife had bought some "Brewers Yeast" off Amazon for some health benefit reason. Not sure if a guy could brew with it or of it is dead.

I tipped up the fermenter a drank a big swig off the bottom. Don't thing I got any benefit other than a good laugh from my buddy.😆
The wife had bought some "Brewers Yeast" off Amazon for some health benefit reason. Not sure if a guy could brew with it or of it is dead.

It's dead. My wife bought a big bag of the stuff too. Supposedly good for milk production. I told her I had plenty of the stuff, but she didn't trust it. Now there's a big bag minus a few tablespoons in the fridge gathering dust. Yet, it's my few jars of fresh slurry that are 'taking up all the space.' Grumble.

If you harvest yeast in substantial quantity, just put it in the fridge for a few days, pour the beer off the top and spread it on toast with jam. Aussie “Vegemite sandwich “ like this article says: It’s an acquired taste. Not bad tho.

Attachments

• 56B37701-4811-4DE5-B02C-75BB3DD88908.png
    56B37701-4811-4DE5-B02C-75BB3DD88908.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Update
I went to a doctor
I have "generalized Lymphadenopathy". Why the brewers yeast cleared that up remains to be figured out.

But if it is making my lymphatic system function better
Could it possibly make yours too?

It cleans the body of everything from bacteria to cancer cells.

If you make your own yeast supplement... Soak the yeast in vinegar to deactivate it. That's how the yeast I got was made and it made all the difference.

Update 2
I was researching the miracle of this some more

Animals given brewers yeast were resistant to parasites and ticks

They thought it was vitamin B, but just giving them vitamin B didnt have the same effect.

Truly strange. Somethings going on no one understands

Somethings going on no one understands

i don't know about that...

we've only know about vitamins even existing for like 100 years, and people think they're so smart they've got it figured out well enough to put in a pill...

and what do you mean by vitamin b? there's folate, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyrdoxine, riboflavin, that was the major ones off the top of my head, recent discoveries are biotin, choline....they haven't test every food for them yet...and after i found out about the usda database for this stuff, and started getting a weeks food for $10 not wasting money on stuff that doesn't bring anything to the table....i doubt they will

you gotta spend a few months 6-7 searchinging the nutrients in food, figure out the best way you want to meet your needs, go with that....and if you say you take a multi vitamin and it doesn't matter actually eating food because of it...i'm out....

this is a usful tool..

https://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search

use it for a while and plan your eating based on more then what's going to make big food the most money!

There should be studies done on how properly prepared yeast...potentially vegemite, never tried that...affects the chance of getting cancer...if it and it alone is boosting my immune system, it must boost everyones in my opinion.

That isn't accurate...once you digest the yeast they aren't traveling through the bloodstream...like @bracconiere said its about the nutrients.

but the liver and kidney need those nutrients to do their work....enzymatic chemical groups needed for the proteins to do their thing....at least's my thought...

and i wanted to say, unles you be eating a hell of a lot of yeast, you still need calories....not to mention vitamin k, e, a...fat soluble vitamins...and vitamin c...

like i said takes a few months of practice, and the grocery store hates me for walking in armed....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9228237/#B42-nutrients-14-02380It says unpasteurized unfiltered craft beer that's enriched with yeast ameliorates the major symptoms of alzheimer's disease in mice. By supporting the gut microbiota. My gut must be what's primarily benefiting from the yeast. So just the vitamins aren't the important part. The actual yeast cell is important.

P.s. This is something that's really improved my health 10x at least.

I dont really know why the commercial yeasts arent effective.

If you try this, make your own.

Last edited:
this really isnt anything new or groundbreaking. long time ago when my daughter was having some angry baby colicky stuff, the doctor gave us some probiotics for her.

out of curiosity i read the ingredients: saccharomyces cerevisiae.

It's still exciting to me, you guys probably have some yeast. If it's good for all these different things, why not take it?

- blood sugar control
- immune support / anticancer
- gut health

I'm going to take it for the rest of my life. Feel lucky I found out about unprocessed brewers yeast.

Last edited:
I did a lot more reading

It's probably something called beta glucans

The problem is yeast has so much good **** in it, that they use it as a source for all their extracts.

I literally cant find a product for sale with chromium, beta glucans, tyrosine, uridine etc. still in it.

And one researcher noticed that extracted beta glucans arent effective. 🤦‍♂️

They aggregate together, becoming 50 times larger.

Only the natural sized, small beta glucans modulate the immune system.

I did a lot more reading

It's probably something called beta glucans

The problem is yeast has so much good **** in it, that they use it as a source for all their extracts.

I literally cant find a product for sale with chromium, beta glucans, tyrosine, uridine etc. still in it.

And one researcher noticed that extracted beta glucans arent effective. 🤦‍♂️

They aggregate together, becoming 50 times larger.

Only the natural sized, small beta glucans modulate the immune system.

make some fast rise rye bread, use like 56g's yeast in a loaf, and like some ratio of rye flour to wheat flour.

or if for whatever reason you don't like wheat how about some rye pancake leavened with A LOT of yeast?

it's a trick i use when i'm making my bean bread...

Latest posts

Back