Have name, need beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratotankard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK.... I have a name for my next brew, but no idea what it's going to be. The name is Bad Monkey (insert style here). My last several brews have been (in no particular order) a pale ale, a honey wheat, a holiday red, and a crummy chocolate stout. I'd like to do something different. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Terje

Interesting idea! I'd never have thought of bananas in beer, but it actually sounds good. Using the Hefe yeast would definitely bring out the banana flavours and aromas. I'll do a bit more research, but this has potential.

Thanks

Terje

I like alliteration, so "Bad Monkey Brown", "Bad Monkey Belgian" (you can go with a variety of styles that way), or "Bad Monkey Barleywine" sound good to me.

Or SWMBO suggested as she was reading over my shoulder, just go with Bad Monkey Brewery!

I like alliteration, so "Bad Monkey Brown", "Bad Monkey Belgian" (you can go with a variety of styles that way), or "Bad Monkey Barleywine" sound good to me.

Or SWMBO suggested as she was reading over my shoulder, just go with Bad Monkey Brewery!

There's a Bad Monkey Brewing Company.

I didn't know about the Bad Monkey brewery either. I was just picking names from a list of military drop zones and Bad Monkey stood out. All my beers (except 9/9/9 barleywine) are named for drop zones or air refueling tracks around the world.

I found several threads about banana beers. Still sounds interesting, but maybe not for a full batch.

Terje

I know this sounds kind of sick and I will try to put it in a non gross way. but you could make it a weissbeer so it has a whitish color to it and call it "Bad Monkey Spunk"

I know, I know it's bad...It's what first popped in my head though. I took my son to the zoo this weekend and all the little monkeys were playing with themselves. It was funny and sick at the same time.

It used to be called Butt Monkey... Apparently, people weren't buying it because of the name, so they changed it to Bad Monkey... They kept the brew name Chimp Chiller Ale though.. Looks like they have a few other flavors coming out..

Bad Monkey Beer - Age Verification

You could go a bit more generic with something like "Bad Monkey, Drop My Ale!" and then choose whatever style you're in the mood for.

Back