have i ruined my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorboyj

Reaction score
Hi ,having my 1st attempt at making some beer(coopers lager).
Was following video and didnt see him put any sugar in,so believed it was all in the can.
Now realise i should of put some in or another can of coopers!
Ive just put 1kg of sugar in the fermenting bin, thing is its been fermenting for 4 days already-Have i ruined it if not how long should i let it ferment for?

Any advice appreciated:eek:

Hi ,having my 1st attempt at making some beer(coopers lager).
Was following video and didnt see him put any sugar in,so believed it was all in the can.
Now realise i should of put some in or another can of coopers!
Ive just put 1kg of sugar in the fermenting bin, thing is its been fermenting for 4 days already-Have i ruined it if not how long should i let it ferment for?

Any advice appreciated:eek:

You should be fine as long as the yeast is still alive. Proceed as if this is day one in making your beer.

Cheers!!

It is really hard to mess up beer! Also, don't ever threaten to dump beer or Revvy will beat you up. :D

You beer will be fine. Mark this down to learning the process and start planning your next brew.

This batch will still be beer, and since you made it, it will taste very good to you. We already discussed improvements on the other thread so you can plan out the next one a little better and know what you are doing a little better.

Need more info, What did you do, How much extract,did you only use one can of extract?. Did you take a SG reading and if so what was it.

Ruined, no. Not familiar with coopers kits, but if you put in half the fermentables, you have just made a weak beer. Adding sugar after fermentation has already started will just make fermentation take off again. Give it another week or 2 to mellow out after fermentation visibly stops then bottle it. Not sure if your kit comes with a hydrometer, but thats the only way to know for sure when its done.

Edit: appears im too slow

Back