Hauling Brew Factory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
So on Friday I am packing up all my stuff and moving to Cincinnati. But I plan on brewing today or tomorrow just to get rid of some ingredients and really just to feed my fix and addiction.

My question is this, what are the rules on hauling 5 gallons of beer for 4 hours on the highway? Not only am I asking if its even legal, but would this hurt the beer in the primary if i dont drive like a madman? (should be done fermenting by then, I hope).

As long as you have plenty of room for sudsing and the temperature is in the safe zone...I think you'd be okay.

You certainly would keep those yeasties awake during that four hours.

Just don't open it while your driving... that would be one hell of an open container charge! ;)

I would make sure I covered the fermenter and everything else in towels in case the suds started to leak. Are you using a glass carboy or plastic bucket?

Just don't open it while your driving... that would be one hell of an open container charge! ;)

I would make sure I covered the fermenter and everything else in towels in case the suds started to leak. Are you using a glass carboy or plastic bucket?

Big Ol' Bucket :ban:

Back