hate my boss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edb23

Reaction score
so i must admit i may have had some things to drink. I work as a cook and i love my job and the people i work with. Except my boss. There's three cooks at the most ever on in a pretty high volume kitchen, and we do a great job. Today an hour before the end of service, we told the servers we were out of swordfish because we had none left that were defrosted and honestly an hour before close didn't feel like opening a new box to maybe make two people a fish that would take probably thirty minutes to forty five to get to them anyway. The boss found out and flipped the hell out and started screaming at just me. I'm not the supervisor, and it wasn't even my idea. ruined my whole night.

Welcome to life...it's a *****.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually loves working for the company I do. We're a small company, but my boss treats me great. We have a craft beer bar right down the street, and he frequently takes another coworker and me to get drinks there on his dime. It's not much, but it's the little things that count. Not to mention he's opening a brewery and I'm going to be his R&D guy.

So, where do I get good swordfish in Philly? :cross:

I hate my boss too. Oh wait . . . that's me.
(Damn voices in my head telling me to get off HBT and get some work done.)

I'd be pissed to go to a restaurant, order sword fish, be told they were out (not a big deal in itself, these things happen) just to find out they had plenty, the cooks were just too lazy to cook it for me. :p

But seriously, I know what you mean. I haven't worked food since college, but an hour before close, it's a pretty ballsy move to even walk into a restaurant to be seated for anything other than drinks. :mug:

On a side note, I love my boss. he's never here and no matter what happens, he's always on the side of his employees, no matter how high profile the customer may be.

so i must admit i may have had some things to drink. I work as a cook and i love my job and the people i work with. Except my boss. There's three cooks at the most ever on in a pretty high volume kitchen, and we do a great job. Today an hour before the end of service, we told the servers we were out of swordfish because we had none left that were defrosted and honestly an hour before close didn't feel like opening a new box to maybe make two people a fish that would take probably thirty minutes to forty five to get to them anyway. The boss found out and flipped the hell out and started screaming at just me. I'm not the supervisor, and it wasn't even my idea. ruined my whole night.

In that situation, my favorite thing to do is to cross my arms, and sit there with an indifferent look on my face while they throw their fit. But I've also gotten written up a few times doing things like that... Your results may vary.

But yeah. Bosses suck. Most of them at least.

My boss threatens to take away my full time status and warns me of my expendability constantly. instead of giving us bonuses like everyone else in my position in the company, he takes us out to eat every now and again. I haven't gotten a raise in almost two years. I want to punch his face.

Is this thread going to end in us agreeing to kill each others bosses?

At the places where I have worked, closing was always the time at which no new customers were admitted; those who were already there continued to get full service until they were done. If that is not the case where you work, it should be made clear to the patrons.

I have three bosses right now. Love the owner of the homebrew shop where I work on weekends. The bosses for my "real" jobs (one for which I don't currently get paid, which sucks) are very nice, too. Yelling at employees is never appropriate and unprofessional, unless they make the same mistake over and over again.

So, where do I get good swordfish in Philly? :cross:

Ha i'm actually currently on the other side of the state in Pittsburgh and cook at a country club. it was just one of many instances where my need to pay the electric bill prevents me from going all south philly on some stuck up folks around here

Ihate your boss too! :mug:

Uh, yeah... I'm gonna have to ask you to come in Saturday... K?

office-space-boss6-1.jpg

Dude You have to like your boss. If your work for a dick,life will suck.Ive held jobs the longest because my boss's were cool,Ive kept my current job 5 yrs. holy crap that is an accomplishment for me, im not working for no soul sucking jerk. Im not trying to brag but ive always tried my best,and when someone is ****ing with me, then they can **** off!

Back