Has this happened to anyone??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmadness

Reaction score
So I was brewing last night....and of course I was drinking my newly kegged double IPA for the first time. Everything was going great.....the mash went well, etc. About 30 minutes into the boil I realized....wow, I'm drunk.:drunk: I must not have realized how fast I was drinking, and since it was from a keg I wasn't keeping track of how much I had consumed. Instead of cutting myself off (which would have been the smart thing to do), I decided to just keep enjoying my new beer. To make a long story short....I wake up this morning with a sticky kitchen floor, a dirty kitchen, two batches of beer in the primary fermenters (only one with the airlock in place....opps), and only one recorded OG (1.080), and a really pissed off wife. What the hell happened? When I went downstairs to check on things this morning, I opened up one of the fermenters and found (much to my surprise) the other half of the airlock (which I then put in place). I hope everything turns out o.k.....my wife mentioned to me that before I passed out, I mumbled something about ruining the beer. Wow, that was a rough night of brewing.:eek:

Yeah I hate those Blackout brews, you wake up trying to remember what you did / did not do or said to the wifey!

So far....one fermenter is bubbling away.....but the other is not. I hope that I pitched my yeast for that batch. Hmmmm....only time will tell. Maybe next time I won't drink so much. I'll probably call the porter (the one that I'm worried about) "Blackout Porter". It's only appropriate.

Yeah that does happen from time to time...I decided to invite some people over to see the brewing process one brew day. Turned out I drank a little too much and ended up grilling, playing washers, and of all other things giving one of my friends a buzz cut. Somehow the brew turned out alright, but I decided brewing should be relaxing, so now I limit my guests...At least you didn't pass out during the boil...I'm sure it'll turn out amazing

I've had something like this happen, but never to the point of blackout. I've definitely gotten drunk while brewing and done some screwy things to my brew.

Latest posts

Back