Has something gone wromg here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewyourbrews

Reaction score
This is a pale ale brewed a couple weeks ago. I dry hopped it for the past 6 days. Tonight I took the hop bag out and all of the sudden I started getting white speckles on the top of the beer. Is this ok? I'm a little nervous as I haven't dry hopped before nor have I ever really opened the carboy prior to racking to keg. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

image-3327508681.jpg

Smells outstanding. 1.5oz of simcoe. That sounds promising. The fermentation has been complete for about 8 days now. There is a small green "haze" at the top; the co2 maybe clinging to that. Hop bag sat in a boiling pot for 15 mins prior to hop addition. I think that's ok. I was only concerned of something happening in the 5 minutes I had the airlock off.

never had that happen but since you didn't open the carboy until it had fermented the alcohol should've provided more than sufficient buffering from errant bacteria

Back