Has Homebrew has jumped the shark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
20180205_190720_resized[1113].jpg
Flipping through the channels and this caught my eye. Not sure what to think of it. On one hand it could bring in new home brewers but on the other hand once "craft" BIAB kits make it to Home Shopping network its seems sorta like a death punch... a little cheezy too

What your take on it?

Last edited:
I think its cool,whatever it takes to get people started

$42 for a one gallon kit. So my 10 gallon batches would run me $420..a tad more than I'm paying now. BUT I could split it into " four easy payments" for my convenience :D

Does it include the kettle and the glass fermenter? And what else?

Looks to me like the kind of thing someone buys someone else as a present when they can't figure out what else to get them. :)

Homebrewing was buoyed significantly by the displays of Mr Beer kits in the box stores. Kits like that are certainly not new. In fact, this forum always saw a surge right after christmas due to sales of them.

But there's no doubt that homebrewing is in a decline as a craft brewery pops i[ in every small town in America. Homebrewing reached its pinnacle during prohibition. So you can see the connection between the availability of good beer and the hobby.

Looking at a link it looks like it comes with a one gallon carboy, stopper and airlock for $42.. Take away those and its about $30 for a one gallon recipe kit...total ripoff

OT, or maybe OnT, I'm old enough to remember when that episode first aired. No wonder those AARP people are blowing up my mailbox.

Back